Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So you may have heard, i was pulled over by the polizei on FOOT.
Yes, they didn't just drive up next to me to talk, they actually put on their lights and siren. 
Question: Where was i going?
Do you understand that i am a mother, pushing a stroller, do you really think i was going to try and get away?
um no.  But thank you for embarrassing me further.

First they say to me, "are you German or American?"
I answer "American"
They look at each other and chuckle.
um... what is the deal?
They say that walking with a stroller is way too dangerous, i must turn around and go back into town.
I tell them i am not from Gladbach, i live in Bruch.
They don't care, i need to turn around.
I ask how i am supposed to get back to Bruch.
They tell me to call someone.
They drive off and then make 2 loops to ensure i am turned around.

Thank you.  Thank you for not offering my son and i a ride in your station wagon!  
oh dear.
I ended up asking some RANDOM germans to take us home.
AWESOME.

All we wanted was some exercise and vitamin D.

1 comment: